Horizon House for Young Mothers & Babies
Young Mother &
The Horizon House Young Mother & Baby Program provides
accommodation and support to vulnerable young mothers aged 16-22
years from a wide variety of backgrounds and circumstances. We help
them take their pregnancy to term and develop essential life skills
that will enable them to transition into independent living.
The Program offers three stages of support which can each be
accessed for a period of up to 12 months:
- Accommodation and intensive support during pregnancy and for
the first six months of the baby's life
- Transitional accommodation and support for young mothers with a
child aged up to three years
- Outreach support for young mothers living independently
Our Tier 1 accommodation is located in Perth's inner northern
suburbs, and consists of two adjoining houses - the young
mothers-to-be are live one and the young mothers who
have just had their baby live in the other. This
allows all residents to access not only the support of
our Caregivers, but also the support of other young women who
are in a similar situation to themselves.
Eligibility and refferals
To find out about the eligibility criteria for the Horizon House
Young Mother & Baby Program and how to make a referral, please
In addition to providing stable accommodation for young mothers,
the Program focuses on:
- Parent education - pre and post natal care, bonding, security
- Ensuring mother and baby's health and development
- Home skills such as cooking, cleaning and gardening
- Self-care and healthy lifestyle education e.g. nutrition and
- Social connectedness and rebuilding relationships where
possible to reduce social isolation
- Providing access to education, training and employment
- Accessing ongoing community support whilst transitioning into
long-term, independent accommodation
Further information (during office hours only)
For further information and referrals to the Horizon House Young
Mother & Baby Program, please call (08) 9276 6948 during office
hours or email HHmumsemail@example.com.
If for any reason we are unable to take your call, or you need
to ring outside these hours, please leave a message with a contact
number on our answering machine and we will return your
call as soon as possible.
Crisis accommodation and after hours assistance
Horizon House does not provide short-term, crisis accommodation.
If you require crisis services please contact Entrypoint Perth on
1800 124 684. They are open 9am - 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am -
5pm on Saturdays.