St John of God Health Care has
introduced an exciting new Graduate Nursing Program for
Western Australia in 2016.
Please note applications for our August/September 2016 intake
are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied for this
intake - if you are successful in securing an interview you will be
contacted by the first week of May.
Due to the large number of applicants we are unable to contact
unsuccessful applicants directly. There will be further
opportunities to apply later this year for our 2017 intake.
Designed with input from recent nursing graduates, the program
offers diversity of practice settings and development opportunities
to deliver more rewarding and varied first-year nursing
The new graduate nursing jobs can be tailored to individual
interests and career ambitions. Opportunities for
rotation across our WA locations are available and you
will benefit from academic and clinical support, including links to
Graduate nursing positions with St John of God Health Care could
- ICU - Intensive Care Units at our Murdoch, Subiaco and Midland
- Emergency – our Murdoch ED is rated as one of the best private
Emergency Departments in Australia and our new public ED
opened at Midland in November 2015
- Cutting edge technology – we have some of the best equipped
surgical theatres in Perth and regional WA
- Maternity - graduate midwives work alongside some of the best
obstetricians in WA’s busiest maternity units at Subiaco, Murdoch,
Mt Lawley, Bunbury, Geraldton and soon Midland
- Community nursing - various opportunities with our Health
Choices home nursing service and community-based social outreach
- Mental Health - the new Midland Public Hospital features a
56-bed public mental health unit and Mt Lawley Hospital operates
older adult mental health services.
- Regional nursing – the opportunity to work in our Bunbury and
Graduate nurses who enter first year employment with St John of
God Health Care can choose two six-month rotations with various
different opportunities to work in our WA hospitals.
Successful applicants to the WA graduate nursing jobs will
- Permanent placement options on successful completion of first
- Completion of the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nursing from
the University of Notre Dame Australia
- Great long-term career prospects
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Paid study days
- Qualification allowance paid on successful completion of a post
- Further study opportunities and financial assistance to
complete part time and full time options
- Preceptorship program
- Staged area specific skill acquisition
- Advancing competency development
Find out more about our employee
How to apply
Applications for St John of God Health Care's WA Graduate
Nursing Program will open again later in 2016 - to receive
To help secure an interview with St John of God Health
Care, ensure you understand what is offered for graduates
at our hospitals.
Hospital site and areas of special interest will be discussed
with you when you secure an interview for our program.
To prepare in readiness for applications opening
for the WA Graduate Nursing Program, make sure you have:
- An electronic copy of your resume
- Referee contact details that are current
- Personal identification documents
- Immunisation records
- Current course transcripts
- APHRA registration (if course completed)
In addition to the Graduate Nursing Program, some of our Perth
hospitals also offer graduate midwife positions.
Find out more about graduate nursing and midwifery opportunities
In the mean time you can stay connected on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.